No Fuss Roast Pumpkin Soup
This is Donna Hays recipe and it is amazing, easy and a winner. No peeling, no fuss. Simply yummy and easy.
: Donna Hay
Recipe type: Soup
- Approx 1.5kg butternut pumpkin, halved and seeeds removed
- 2 onions halved
- 1 bulb garlic
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 ltr quality chicken stock
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- Sinble pouring cream, to serve (optional) although I do like sour cream in mine
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the pumpkin, onion, cut-side up, and the garlic on a lightly greased large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1 hour–1 hour 10 minutes or until onion is caramelised and pumpkin is soft. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin into a large saucepan. Remove the onion and garlic from their skins and add to the pan.
- Add the stock and water, and, using a hand-held stick blender, blend the soup until smooth. Place the soup over high heat and bring to the boil to warm through. Sprinkle with pepper and drizzle with cream (if using) to serve.
The video on how to make this soup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZX56KUjKQ8