Easy Turkish Bread
This is the easiest of breads to make and very very yummy
Recipe type: Bread
- 500g bread flour
- 2 tsps sugar
- 2 tsps salt
- 1.5 tsps dried yeast
- 1¼ tbs olive oil
- 360ml warm water
- Egg wash
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs water
- Put all the ingredients and oil into your bread maker.
- Mix the dough on the pizza dough setting.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and break or cut into three even pieces and lightly stretch into a small oblong shape.
- Cover with a tea towel and let it rest for a further 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees and place dough onto a lined baking tray and stretch out a bit more. Make the egg wash and liberally apply to the top of the dough pieces. with your fingertips make dimples in the dough and then sprinkle with your choice of topping such as sesame seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, herbs, nigella seeds.
You can also use a mixer such as a Kitchen Aid to mix the dough. Just leave the dough to rise for about 40-60 minutes before going on to form the breads.