No mixing required. Just layer the ingredients and bake. Incredibly easy and super yummy. This is not the cheapest recipe you will make, estimate it costs me $15-20 but well worth the cost due to quality ingredients.
I use organic, fairtrade chocolate (70%); organic coconut and high quality shortbread with no additives (easy to find in supermarkets). There is a mix of almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamias and brazil nuts, cashews, avoiding the addition of peanuts.
Due to BPA linings in cans I usually do not eat foods that are from cans however condensed milk is in unlined cans.
You can use milk chocolate or white chocolate (or a mixture of all chocolate types) but we find that too sweet and these types of chocolates are not that good for you with all their extra additives and the high sugar count. This is a treat and not one to eat in large quantities in one sitting.
|Shortbread biscuits, crumbed||250g|
|Coconut, dessicated||1 cup|
|70% Chocolate (or whatever chocolate you prefer)||375g|
|Mixed raw nuts, roughly chopped||1 cup (chopped)|
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease and line a lamington tin
- Pour butter over base of tin
- Sprinkle biscuit crumbs over butter
- Sprinkle coconut over biscuit layer
- Scatter chopped chocolate over the coconut layer
- Pour condensed milk over chocolate layer
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over the condensed milk layer
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in container then cut into fingers.