I love cheese and I love cheese biscuits. Supermarket purchased cheese biscuits are salty and full of horrible additives, furthermore I suspect they don’t actually put cheese in the mix but just sprinkle their “cheese flavouring” on the top of the biscuit.
These biscuits are really super easy to make. I have taken it from my very old version of the Womens Weekly Book of Beautiful Biscuits. The only thing I have changed is I have omitted the salt as cheese usually has enough salt in it as does the butter.
Use a full flavoured cheddar cheese.
|Plain Flour||1 Cup|
|SR Flour||2 tbs|
|Cold butter cubed||125g|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 tbs|
|Grated cheddar cheese||125g|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
- Put all ingredients in a bowl except the lemon juice
- Rub the butter in until the mix resembles bread crumbs
- Add lemon juice and mix to for a stiff dough
- Roll into a fat sausage shape and refridgerate for at least 3 hours
- Slice biscuits from roll and place on baking sheet at 160°C for 15 minutes