Cooking chicken this way and you will have many meal options. Dead easy and best if you have a pressure cooker.
I don’t add seasonings allowing for a blank canvas for future dishes. The chicken will keep its flavour and be very tender.
The liquid must be kept for other meals. All you throw out is the bones and skin.
- Rinse the inside of the chicken
- Add water until it just comes just over the base of the metal insert basket
- Place chicken in basket
- Bring the pressure up using the highest PSI
- Cook for 35-40 min
- Bring pressure down naturally
- Lift lid and allow to cool
- Place chicken on a plate and shred/pull chicken off the carcass and place in a bowl
- Strain the liquid into a jug/bowl and put in refrigerator to allow any fat to rise to top