Sometimes it is nice to have a change in the way our vegetables are served. This wonderful bake is a simple accompaniment to any meal.
It is best you use a mandolin to slice the vegetables, you will get a more uniform thickness and it will be so much faster.
If you can use home made chicken stock or alternatively use a good quality shop bought stock with low salt. The vegetarian option would be to use vegetable stock. The onion can be replaced with onion powder.
As I make my own bread I use home made dried breadcrumbs.
|Sour Cream||2 tbsp|
- Peel and slice the vegetables
- Mix the stock and the sour cream together combining well
- Set oven to 190°C (375°F)
- Layer the vegetables in a shallow glass dish gently spooning the stock mixture over between layers
- On the last layer poor the remaining stock mixture over
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs
- Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes
- Take the foil off and dot butter over the crumbs and bake until golden
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “megaonlinesho-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Vegetable Cookbooks:”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “edf5b04782a97de0bbd5ccb5fd3ececd”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “071487390X,0761180524,1579656315,0060192216”;