The Neiman Marcus story is well documented on the internet and with it comes a number of variations.
This is my favourite of the variations I have found and is now the only choc chip cookie I make. I use 70% dark chocolate chips however you can use any type of chocolate chips you desire or just mix it up.
The Best Choc Chip Biscuits or (The Neiman Marcus $250 Cookie Recipe)
- 115 g Butter
- 150 g Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 g Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1.5 tsp Coffee-instant
- 200 g Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Beat butter and sugar together until well mixed
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix well
- Add chocolate chips and stir to mix in
- Roll teaspoon fulls into a ball, place on baking sheet and press flat with fingers
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes
- Store in an air tight container.