Cinnamon scrolls are variable in taste and recipes.
It has been my holy grail to find the best recipe for the best cinnamon scroll. I realise that it is all subjective and a matter of taste. But this recipe wins for me.
I use my bread machine to mix the dough.
- Place Scroll ingredients in your bread machine
- Set to Brioche dough program or dough program of about 70 minutes
- Meanwhile mix the brown sugar and cinnamon
- When complete removed from machine and roll out into a large rectangle about 3mm thick
- Melt butter
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mix over the dough rectangle ensuring you don’t go right to the edges
- Pour 3/4 of the melted butter over the dough rectangle
- Mix remaining butter and brown sugar/cinnamon mix together
- Gently roll the rectangle starting from the long side
- Cut the roll into 15cm scrolls
- Gently place in a large slab tin
- Pour remaining butter and brown sugar/cinnamon mix over the top
- Sprinkle with walnuts
- Leave for up to 60 minutes in a warm place until doubled in size
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180 °C
- Leave to call in tin