This is a great home favourite. It is fast and easy to make if you use a good quality pre-made Green Curry Paste.
I love the leftovers for lunch the next day but beware the heat will grow if you leave it overnight.
Thai Green Chicken Curry
- 1 1/2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 brown onion cut into thin wedges
- 105 g Thai Green Curry Paste
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets cut into 1cm-thick strips
- 1/2 green capsicum seeded, thinly sliced
- 50 g snow peas trimmed (optional)
- 1/4 bunch coriander (optional) leaves picked (optional)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Cook the rice following the packet directions.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until onion softens. Add the curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to a simmer. Add the chicken, capsicum and snow peas, if desired, and cook for 2-3 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
- Chop half the coriander leaves (if using) and add to the curry. Stir in the fish sauce, sugar and half the bean sprouts (if using. Squeeze over half the lime wedges. Taste and add more fish sauce, sugar and lime juice, if desired.
- Top the curry with remaining bean sprouts, and coriander leaves (if using).
- Serve with the rice and lime wedges.
You can use any quality green curry paste for this recipe.
Calories: 2929kcalCarbohydrates: 266gProtein: 113gFat: 158gSaturated Fat: 84gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 495mgSodium: 1593mgPotassium: 2420mgFiber: 10gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 1195IUVitamin C: 108mgCalcium: 245mgIron: 15mg
Tried this recipe?Share the love @Eating the Garden or tag #eatingthegarden!
Click to rate!
[Total: 2 Average: 5]