Searching through all the granola options on supermarket shelves drove me crazy. None really ever fitted what I was looking for.
This Granola recipe is very forgiving. You can swap ingredients or omit ingredients as you choose. Remember to add any fruits after you have baked it though!
My oats hating husband even eats this terrific fast and easy Granola.
The Best Granola
The ultimate breakfast cereal. The best granola you will ever eat.
- 3 cups rolled oats not instant
- 3 tbsp brown sugar loosely packed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt optional
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp almond meal optional
- ⅔ cup raw almonds hazelnuts work well also
- ⅓ cup maple syrup genuine Canadian
- ¼ cup coconut oil organic
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup mixed dried fruit diced Optional: eg apricots, pears, sultanas, dates
- Heat oven to 150°C
- Mix all dry ingredients together except the fruit
- In a separate bowl mix sunflower oil, vanilla and maple syrup
- Pour into bowl of dry ingredients and combine until well mixed
- Spread on a backing sheet and put into oven
- Stir every 20-30 minutes and cook until a lovely rich golden brown
- Cool then add chose chopped fruit
- Store in a sealed container
- Serve with cold mild and or fresh plain yogurt
Calories: 156kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 4gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 32mgPotassium: 125mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Share the love @Eating the Garden or tag #eatingthegarden!
Click to rate!
[Total: 2 Average: 5]