Really fast and easy to make. Perfect anytime.
Either roast your own peanuts or buy dry roasted nuts or nuts cooked in coconut oil. Avoid peanuts cooked in cottonseed oil and peanuts grown in China. Preferably choose peanuts grown in Australia as they are “clean” of nasty chemicals and pesticides.
Peanut biscuits are the perfect balance of sweet and savoury. Best of all they are super easy to make.
- 110 g Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 ea Egg
- 3/4 cup Sugar Caster
- 1 cup Peanuts Unsalted
- 1 pinch Salt
- Pre-heat oven on to 180°C
- Cream butter and sugar until well combined
- Add egg and mix in lightly
- Add flour, peanuts and salt and mix until well combined
- Roll teaspoons of mix into balls, place on tray and press down lightly (see note)
- Cook for 10-15min until golden
When making the biscuits you can either scoop using a teaspoon or use a cookie/ice cream scoop. I prefer to use a cookie scoop as it gives me biscuits of all the same approximate size. Cookie scoops are not too expensive and can be purchased from here. I use this amazing baking tray from Pyrex. It is the best baking tray I have ever used. Take a look for yourself.
Calories: 143kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 39mgPotassium: 66mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 131IUCalcium: 11mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Share the love @Eating the Garden or tag #eatingthegarden!
Click to rate!
[Total: 4 Average: 5]