I remember these as a rare and special treat when I was a kid.
These biscuits just melt in your mouth and unlike the commercial variety, this recipe is full of the goodness of real ingredients and no fillers. Rarely will they last more than 3 days in our house as they are so yummy they are gobbled up very quickly.
The icing on the top means they take a little longer to make but I love the journey of creating a very special biscuit and it is so worth it.Yum
- 140 g Butter
- 70 g Caster Sugar
- 10 g Vanilla
- 40 g Coconut desiccated desiccated
- 190 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 40 g Currants
- 100 g White Chocolate
- 10 g Coconut Oil
- Set the oven to 160°C
- In a mixer add butter, caster sugar, vanilla and beat on low until fluffy.
- Add coconut, flour and baking powder and mix on low until just combined.
- Stir in currents.
- Scoop teaspoonfuls of mix and roll into round balls. Flatten in your palms and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray.
For the Icing
- Gently melt the chocolate and oil over a water bath.Spread over cold biscuits.