These Chocolate Chip Muffins are really easy to make and always a hit. I sometimes use coconut oil instead of butter. If you do use coconut oil the muffins will not be so aerated and you can mix by hand.
I also sometimes drop the amount of sugar used to 1/2 cup when making as we really don’t like our muffins too sweet. This works well as the chocolate chips have a little sweetness in them.
You can make these with milk or dark chocolate though I prefer dark chocolate. You could even use white chocolate or a mix.
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Looking for a chocolate hit that is a not super sweet? These muffins will hit the spot.
- 1 Cookie Scoop for filling the muffin pan
- 125 g Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 ea Eggs
- 3 cups Self Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa blend with 4 tbsp boiling water
- 1 cup Yogurt Plain Greek
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips or chopped chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line muffin pans with muffin cases
- In a mixer beat butter, sugar and vanilla until the butter changes colour
- Beat in eggs
- Add flour, blended cocoa and water, yogurt and milk and mix until just blended
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Scoop into muffin pan and cook for 15-20 min
Calories: 291kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 6gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 88mgPotassium: 103mgFiber: 1gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 318IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Share the love @Eating the Garden or tag #eatingthegarden!
Click to rate!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]