This is a great go-to bread recipe if you are short on time.
Whilst you can make this by hand this is so much faster in a breadmaker.
I sprinkle mine with Nigella seeds but experiment. Even crushed garlic works well.
- 500 g Bread flour
- 5 g Yeast – Dried
- 10 g Salt
- 360 ml Water
- 1 Egg – Beaten
- Chosen Topping – see notes
- Add all ingredients in order to your breadmaker except egg
- Set to pizza dough setting
- When done split dough into 4 equal portions (approx 215g each)
- Roll into a sausage shape and leave relax for a couple of minutes
- Press into an oval shape and place on a baking sheet
- Cover with a damp tea towel and leave in a warm place to rise for approx 30 minutes
- Set oven onto 190°C (375 °F)
- Gently dimple the dough with your finger tips to form little hollows. Then brush each liberally with beaten egg
- Sprinkle with your chosen seed or topping
- Bake until golden, about 10 minutes
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Nigella seeds