This is a great go-to bread recipe if you are short on time.
Whilst you can make this by hand this is so much faster in a breadmaker.
I sprinkle mine with Nigella seeds but experiment, any seeds you love will be fine. Even crushed fresh garlic works well.Yum
- 1.5 tbsp Yeast – dried
- 500 gram Bread Flour
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1.25 tbs Olive Oil
- 360 ml Water – warm
- 1 Egg – lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Water
- Put all the ingredients and oil into your bread maker.
- Mix the dough on the pizza dough setting.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and break or cut into three even pieces and lightly stretch into a small oblong shape.
- Cover with a tea towel and let it rest for a further 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees and place dough onto a lined baking tray and stretch out a bit more.
- Egg wash: mix egg and water together and liberally apply to the top of the dough pieces. with your fingertips make dimples in the dough and then sprinkle with your choice of topping such as sesame seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, herbs, nigella seeds.
You can also use a mixer such as a Kitchen Aid to mix the dough. Just leave the dough to rise for about 40-60 minutes before going on to form the breads.