I often buy a small pot of basil for times I need fresh basil. There is always plenty to make this simple basil pesto.
Simple Basil Pesto
A nice simple dinner or lunch
- Food processor
- 2 handfuls Fresh Basil
- 6 tbsp Pine Nuts toasted or untoasted
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 4 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt pinch
- If using light toast the pine nuts
- Add all ingredients to the food processing bowl except the oil
- Process until well chopped up
- Add Virgin Olive Oil a small amount at a time. You will want the pesto to be a very thick sauce consistency.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 112IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 1mg