I often buy a small pot of living basil for times I need fresh basil. There is always plenty to make this simple basil pesto with plenty for further cooking needs.Yum
Simple Basil Pesto
A nice simple dinner or lunch
- 2 handfuls Fresh Basil
- 6 tbsp Pine Nuts toasted or untoasted
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 4 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt pinch
- If using lightly toast the pine nuts
- Add all ingredients to the food processing bowl except the oil
- Process until well chopped up
- Add Virgin Olive Oil a small amount at a time. You will want the pesto to be a very thick sauce consistency.
Calories: 164kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 5gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 109mgPotassium: 133mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 112IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 86mgIron: 1mg
Click to rate!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]