A nice crips coconut biscuit goes really well dunked in a cup of tea.
This biscuit recipe excepting a small tweak has come from my very old and well-loved Australian Woman’s Weekly The Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits.
These biscuits are very simple to make and a perfect go-to biscuit to always have on hand.Yum
- 125 g Butter
- 1 cup Sugar Caster
- 1 ea Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Coconut
- 1 pinch Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until well combined
- Add egg and mix in lightly
- Add flour, coconut and salt and mix until well combined
- Roll teaspoons of mix into balls, place on tray and press down lightly (see note)
- Cook for 10-15min until golden
When making the biscuits you can either scoop using a teaspoon or use a cookie/ice cream scoop. I prefer to use a cookie scoop as it gives me biscuits of all the same approximate size. Cookie scoops are not too expensive and can be purchased from here. I use this amazing baking tray from Pyrex. It is the best baking tray I have ever used. Take a look for yourself.