These Chocolate Chip Muffins are really easy to make and always a hit. I use coconut oil but you can use melted butter if you prefer. I also drop the amount of sugar used to 1/2 cup when making for hubby and I as we really don’t like our muffins too sweet. This works well as the chocolate chips have a little sweetness in them.
You can make these with milk or dark chocolate though I prefer the dark chocolate. You could even use white chocolate or a mix.
|Boiling Water||1/4 Cup|
|Self Raising Flour||3 Cups|
|Chocolate Chips||1 Cup|
|Evaporated Milk||1 1/2 Cups|
- Turn oven on to 190°C
- Lightly grease a muffin pan or the muffin liners
- Mix cocoa with boiling water, leave to cool
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine
- In a separate bowl mix egg, coconut oil, evaporated milk and cocoa
- Make a well in the dry mix and add the wet mixture, mix gently until combined. Note: do not beat as your muffins will be tough, it is just a gently mix
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Serve dusted with icing sugar